- Responded to a complaint that phones were down. Arrived
onsite and pinged the in-house PBX at 192.168.16.140 with
no response. Investigated console and found power on but
screen black. Upon reboot, encountered "kernel panic" error
preventing Linux startup. The controller bios showed the
mirrored drive status as "degraded". Efforts to boot the
remaining drive failed (due to universally panned capability
of this particular Dell "RAID" controller).
- Booted the PBX box with a bootable Linux flash drive and
successfully saved PBX files necessary for an emergency
- Installed new replacement drive then installed Linux Centos.
- Configured the network adapter, installed SSH. Established
access to the PBX via Windows computer running Putty.
- Performed restore operation then successfully tested phones
for proper operation.